The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

You become your thoughts!

This little nugget which I came across just now, speaks volumes!

"Far-reaching are the benefits of right thinking. 

You become like you habitually think."

Further thoughts?  Leave a comment below.

8 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thinking---Thinking--Thinking

Not too sure if I can agree with this?? Huuuuuuuuuumm

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Need to have you share and explain more of where you are coming from. Would love you to share from a "personal" experience. Something you have had to work on. Love you Jeannie, just would love you to share with me.

I just had Suzanne here for lunch and passed on you r comment. And she just took it away and gave all kinds of examples.

Jeannie said...

I just wrote a very long answer here and then suddenly lost it before it was published!

Later, Babe . . . time is up for now!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Am so sorry, cause it was probably awesome. Love you Jeannie

Jeannie said...

Colleen, when I was thinking about this, a verse immediately popped into my mind: "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he."(Prov. 23:7)

Recently I blogged something that also explains what I think about this matter, found at this link: http://jjjuphill.blogspot.com/2015/01/dwell-on-good-thoughts_8.html
(I guess I can't make a link work here), but it is located a little further down on my main page of current blog postings.)

If we allow our minds to dwell on things that are negative, we become negative; if we choose to dwell on things that are positive and Godly, we become more positive and more like Jesus in our hearts, minds, actions and talk. It changes us inside and out, and that indeed promotes a joyful spirit! Phil. 4:8,9, the Apostle Paul said, "Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable, and right and pure, and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

I believe we should learn to take control of our thoughts (in the power of the Holy Spirit), rather than just allow whatever pops in to remain in our thoughts. That's how I gain victory over the evil one and become the person God planned for me to be. (Sorry, I prefer not to share personal experiences here. Oh, to be able to sit and visit with you in person!)

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thanks Jeannie for sharing more of your thinking from your post. You explain really great. I believe what you are saying. I just needed for you to carry on a little about where your (thoughts) were coming from.

Love you

Jeannie said...

Love you too, and miss being near you. I enjoy our interactions here.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

😀