The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, May 13, 2013

A Post-Mothers Day Post


Hi, Mom.
 I'm never very good at sending cards out, as I have just never really cared much about them personally and always forget that other people do. For that, I'm sorry. I wanted you to know something, though, on Mother's Day and every day.

 I admire your courage. In the face of learning of the untimely death of your friend and the utter heart ache it brought you this week, you wrote instead about loving God, loving others, and choosing joy. That is courageous.

As you have battled depression for so many years, you have chosen to focus your life on these same things, loving God, loving others and choosing joy. It can easily be said about you by everyone who knows you that these are the things your life centers upon.

Through heart aches and heart attacks, through broken relationships and major life transitions, through it all--you have maintained your focus. Your passion has not wavered, even though you must battle daily to keep it in the forefront.

That is courageous.

I admire that and strive to emulate it.

Thanks, Mom, for being a good example to me, and someone I can look up to. I love you.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: