The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, May 6, 2013

A Mother's Memories

I walked the halls of my memories today
and saw my mistakes along the way.
My heart was saddened to see such dismay,
but, as I lingered, they faded away.

                                        And, then something new came into view—
                                               images of joy with my girl and my boy.

They led me beyond my regrets of the past,
into countless delights,
through daytimes and nights.

There I found pleasure and treasures galore--
happiness, sweetness, funniness and more-- abundance of joy
in my vast memory drawer--
more than one heart should be able to store!

Now blessing upon blessing is mine to keep,
but, share it I must, as the joy runs deep!
For I hope to impart to my girl and my boy,
their mother’s heart, overflowing with joy!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love these two immensely!