The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My New Job

Today was a good day! My new job is going well--a little tough at times, but it's a work in progress. I just realized I haven't talked about it here since I wasn't blogging at all for awhile.

On July 27th I began a new job as Office Manager for a start-up company. I already knew my two bosses as neighbors (one present and one former), so I don't feel like a stranger in the company. The "big boss" is someone I've been working for part-time since last January--working in his home office right behind my house. He kept telling me the day would come that he would be ready for me full-time. Sure enough--it finally happened!

I do the bookkeeping and all administrative tasks. The office is much closer to my house than where I was working before--about half the distance, and the people I work with are very easy to get along with. It's a good opportunity for me.

God is good -- all the time!

4 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

How great to hear that this job finally materialized! I'll be thinking of you on Sunday - "your day"...just a six days before your Dad's BD! Have a wonderful one.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what prompted me to check your blog, but I did--and here I am! I'm happy to hear you are working a different job and pray it continues to work out for you. I'm sure you didn't get my birthday card yet, but you probably will tomorrow. So Happy Birthday a day late. Things are settling down for me at work and I'm now in a position to start working myself out of a job. They are beginning by advertising word of mouth. Hopefully that works out better. I will try to call some time soon. Love ya, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Cary and Sandy,
So nice to receive your comments! Thanks for checking in!

Mister Ed T said...

Way to go Jeannie