The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The News

First, the weather:

What a beautiful weekend of Indian Summer we're having! I'm wondering if the seasons are all mixed up this year. It certainly has seemed so throughout most of 2008. It looks and feels like summer, yet the calendar says it's autumn. Then there is the fact that it seemed like fall had already begun before the calendar officially announced its arrival. Now, although there is only a tiny bit of the usual fall color, the temperatures are back to being pleasantly summery. But, somehow the feel of fall is here, even with the mixed up weather. It's a bit crazy, but so enjoyable! We spent the afternoon over at the river front in Portland, soaking up the sunshine and savoring every last bit of delicious, unseasonable warmth.

Moving on . . . A little update about my job:
September 25th (Thursday of last week) was my one month anniversary date. Friday actually marked a total of five weeks on the job, so tomorrow begins my sixth week at work. I'm still lovin' it! Every day is a new challenge that really feels like a great puzzle to me -- but, hey! I love working on puzzles! It just keeps me wanting to conquer the next one!

Next subject . . . our house:
No, it has not sold! Not even one offer has been presented! We are content with that, since we really don't want to move anyway. Now that both of us are working, our financial crisis has passed. Just barely breaking even isn't easy, but neither is uprooting, packing, and settling into a very small apartment--which was being considered for awhile. God has provided just enough, and for that we are extremely grateful and feel very blessed. Yes, once again, God has taken care of us.

Well, let's see now, did I leave out anything that you've been wondering about? Feel free to let me know if you want to know anything else. I may or may not tell you, but you can ask. :-)

7 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Thanks for the good news.

Anonymous said...

We also experienced the wonderful weather this past week and weekend. Bill and I went golfing to take advantage of it. Today is cloudy, and rain predicted for the rest of the week.

Glad to hear all is going smoothly for you. Breaking even is good! I'm sure a lot of people wished they could say the same.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh how I know the waiting and trusting that if we could just break even days. God took care of us as he is now taking care of you. The house thing, bummer, but I always bask in knowing God has such an amazing plan laid out.

Sarah said...

Yeah...I am so glad things are going well these days and of course I am thrilled that the house isn't selling!!! We need to get together one of these evenings or weekends for tea again. It has been too long and we are neighbors ;-) Hugs!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Our weather here has been in the eighties but this week we are definately into fall.Quite cool which should begin speeding the transition of our green trees into a patchwork of colors.Glad to hear things have stabilized on the financial end of it.Thank the good Lord for that.Glad to hear your enjoying your job and that you are still able to be in your house awhile longer.The Lord will bring the buyer along when the time is his time.Love ya.

Anonymous said...

well - it all sounds good to me!

CML_Shearings said...

L'Shana Tova! I can not remember another year that we have been totally frost-free until October 5th. No frost yet this Autumn, but it may come soon, as the balmy Indian Summer has turned to cooler Fall with some drizzle of rain. PTL!for your better financial situation & the job that you enjoy. Our good friend & Beth Tephila member, Ruth Tucker, went home to the LORD during our Rosh HaShana service. So, one soul made it to heaven on Rosh HaShana, even if we are yet waiting for that rapture. Some of her family have been staying at our home for a week, reminding me of when your family was here. How we love that type of ministry!