The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Continuance . . .

Perhaps "ditto" would be in order--ditto to what I said last night. I'm tired and I hear my pillow calling for me, so I'll have to delay my "Government Island" continuation once again.

Tonight I worked a little bit later than usual, so, of course, got home a little later than usual. Since arriving home late, I have:

1. Picked up the mail
2. Put away stuff brought home with me
3. Eaten supper
4. Read and answered email
5. Refilled all the bird feeders (5) and squirrel feeder
6. Cleaned and refilled the bird bath
7. Watered some flowers
8. Visited with a neighbor
9. Played with the neighbor's kitties
10. Emptied all the waste baskets (9) and replaced liners
11. Took trash bins out to curb
12. Cleaned up the kitchen (left messy from the weekend)
13. Did the ironing from Saturday's laundry

Now it's 9:20 -- now can I go to bed?
I'm too tired to get up and go.

2 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

You have way too many waste baskets. We knew a famiy wit 9 kids. They had no waste baskets. Everyone was trained to put garbage in the compacter.

Anonymous said...

5 trash baskets in San Diego, one of which is a recycle basket. Figured the was worthy of mention to Portlanders.

Just experienced the most wonderful carrot bread. Understand the recipe is a Smith Family Secret. Wondering what type of bribe, coercion, or mordita would be required to pirate a copy. Willing to pay up to 20,000KHR.

John Wayne Heusner