Today was a good day! Got the house all back in order...laundry done, bed sheets changed, things put back where they belong, left-behind items packaged up to mail back to the owners, kitchen cleaned up, etc. Even got in a visit with a friend, and a phone call with my daughter.
However, the house is still a lonely, quiet place. One might expect that a quiet house after a week of company would be a welcome sanctuary, but...NO! I like it better when it has the noise and fun of the younger generation--namely, my daughter and grandchildren. I love them; I enjoy them, and I miss them when they're not around.
Maybe communal living would be a nice thing. Maybe families should stay in close proximity. Maybe this thing of stretching our wings and doing our own thing is not how it was meant to be. But, then, where would the line be drawn between families and extended families, and both sides of families that just keep growing with in-laws being added.
Oh, how I long for Heaven and home!
3 comments:
They had the Grandparents living with the children in times past. Now would you really want to live in someone else's home. Women like to be the queen of thier own kitchen. I know I do and as much as I love them, I don't want to live with them.
You'll come around in a few days. Quiet can be a good thing. : )
Welcome to my blog, Eve. Thanks for visiting, and thanks for your words of wisdom.
In the not so "olden days" families tended to stay much closer together. Good support and encouragement. Now we have to work at those things. But they pay off in the long run.
Post a Comment