I am up late tonight; all alone. My husband is away on business. My houseful of company (family) for the last week is gone. The house is way too quiet. There is music playing (I got tired of the TV interupting my thoughts), but it's still way too quiet.
I am simply alone with my own thoughts, reminiscing the visit with my daughter and grandchildren over the last week--the sights and sounds of happiness during the last six days. Where did the time go?
Why do families end up living so far apart. Of course, there are good reasons why this happens, but those reasons do not comfort me when I miss them.
Silly me! I resorted to thinking through the alphabet--all of the family names, middle names etc., etc., etc. . . . I started writing them all out on this blog post and then realized how incredibly lengthy it was getting. So, I deleted all of it, although it was a fun little exercise!
I must be desperately lonely tonight! From such a noisy, busy household for six days, to a completely empty house! It's a good thing I have Jesus to talk to--"a Friend who sticks closer than a brother".
3 comments:
From the looks of the pictures you had a great visit with your family. I know how hard it is when they leave. We had Sarah for almost a week the first part of July. Sure leaves a hole when they are gone. Hope all is well with you.
Would have liked to have seen that list of ABC's. Memories, and Jesus, are enough. But being there is so much more fun. Just remember, Heaven is coming!
I am with Ed.I would liked to have seen the list of ABC's.
Post a Comment