At 8:00 on Monday morning I will be sitting in a front office, in training to be the new receptionist at a company called Idearc. (It's the publishing company for the yellow pages of our local phone company, Verizon.) The job is full-time, 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday. They are looking for "stability" in this new hire -- getting tired of the young gals who come and go quickly, always looking for something better. Hmmmm....I wonder how "stable" I am. I guess time will tell.
On Tuesday morning during the ladies' Bible I attend weekly, I shared my dilemma regarding going back to work. We prayed that God would give wisdom and direction, and that He would provide the right job, if I need one. We prayed about it again in our Wednesday night prayer group at church. On Thursday morning I received an email from one of the gals in my Tuesday morning group. Her husband had just informed her that the receptionist where he works would be leaving, so there was an immediate need to fill that position. On Friday morning I went in for an interview and was offered the job, to start on Monday morning! How's that for quick?
The company I will work for is located only about three miles from home, and happens to the same building/suite that Larry worked in for awhile when he first began working in this area. How's that for "coincidences"?
When I first began praying that God would direct me in this matter of going back to work, I asked Him to make it very clear to me that it was in His plan, rather than mine. He clearly answered that prayer also. I know this is from Him, and I thank Him for it! And, that gives me joy and excitement!
When God answers prayer, it can be immediate, although sometimes we may wait a long time for the answer. Larry is still waiting and looking at job possibilities all over the country. He has now submitted about 70 resumes/applications for job postings he finds on the internet every day, since last August. Our wait for that one continues...
11 comments:
Wow, the new year holds so many surprises! I will be praying for you girl, and praying Larry quickly learns to be adept at cooking! Sleep well this weekend, and enjoy what the Lord has ahead. Keep in touch, let us know how it goes.
Deb
This is a new twist on events....I hope you LOVE your new job and find that it greets you with all sorts of little perks!!!
Exciting news! Will be praying for you. When God moves He often moves fast. As to how "stable" you are? I won't go there.... :)
It is so exciting to see God at work in your lives, moving circumstances quickly to meet His plan for you! Let your light shine from that receptionist position, Jeannie! My interview with the MD on the First Way Pregnancy Center board is this coming Thursday at 2pm. Let's pray for each other.
Great news, Mom! I hope your first day is going well. Can't wait to hear all about it.
This is great!! You will quickly fall into the work routine. It is so good to see how quickly your (and our) prayer was answered. Please pray for Doug--he started his first day of classes--more than a little overwhelming at age 36. More importantly, he needs a job that will mesh with his school schedule. Perhaps all your blogging/praying friends can add Doug to their prayer list.
awesome! hope that all goes well
I am very glad for you Jeannie. I'm thankful the Lord led you to a good job. My prayers will be with you.
Congratulations on your new job Jeannie.We sure all go through our seasons of change.May our good Lord be with you and give you the strength and endurance to go through each day.We love you.
Congratulatins Jeannie!! Let us know how your first day goes..your first week goes etc.! I hope you find it opens all sorts of doors for you. Isn't it neat that it came from your bible study!! And isn't it great that you shared your need - or the info would never have come your way!
Well, at the end of week two, how are you feeling about your new job?
Post a Comment