Greeting from Christmas wonderland! There is snow, more snow, and lots more snow here, plus icicles hanging from eaves and ice under foot. Incredibly beautiful landscapes surround us, while the local deer add to our enjoyment of the scene.
We began our journey here on Sunday morning, hoping to arrive before the impending death of our son-in-law's mother, but she passed away while we were enroute. I'm so glad she didn't continue to struggle for breath throughout the day. In mid-September (while we here for a visit), she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, stage 4, and given less than a year to live. In the end of September, while Larry was in the hospital, the doctor informed her that she probably had only 2-3 months left to live. In mid-November, that prognosis was upped to only two weeks or less. I began praying that God would take her "home" during the Thanksgiving weekend, before the famly gathering ended, so that her oldest son's family wouldn't have to leave before her time on earth was over. (I'm sure many others were also praying that way.) God graciously answered those prayers, and took her home on Sunday morning. What a way for her to spend Sunday--truly in the House of the Lord!
The memorial service is on Saturday. Our son will arrive on Friday. Our plans are up in the air right now, since Larry doesn't have a job to return to. We will leave here on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
You know the old saying: "When it rains, it pours!" That's how it feels for all of us right now. Fortunately, God's blessings are also being poured out for us, and we will continue to trust and rest in His goodness. Thanks for your prayers!
5 comments:
We've had the poring rain at times too. Glad you are there. Hi to all from us. Will keep y'all in our prayers.
Know that the whole family will be in our prayers. "Weeping endures for the night, but there is joy in the morning". May your "night" be over and your morning come. Please pass along our condolances to Sherry and Andy. Love ya
I pray for grace for you to be for each other just what is needed during this time of mourning...
Hey Jeannie....wow! I just caught up on your blog - yes, it does feel like 'when it rains it pours' eh? We're going thru a few things too, but I keep remembering thattho, God Said he'd never give us anything we couldn't handle....it doesn't mean the enemy doesn't try to take advantage of the battle, to wear us down. You sound like you're staying nice and close to the Father...and hearing Him speak - way to go! That's the best place to be. I'll be praying for you,while your minister God's mercy and compassion to the family.
I was very sorry to hear of Andy's mom passing away. On Sunday morning, Wow! Another mother taken home on Sunday. What a day for God to call our loved ones home to be with Him.
That is wonderful that she was able to be at home with family when God called her home.
And of course it does bring back alot of our own familys memories of our own mom only a few Christmas's ago there in Montana.
I love you all
Post a Comment