The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

My "quiet time" reading yesterday:

"We thank you, O God!
We give thanks because You are near.
People everywhere tell of your mighty miracles.

As for me, I will always proclaim what God has done;
I will sing praises to the God of Israel.

You are glorious and more majestic
than the everlasting mountains.

I recall all You have done, O Lord;
I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago.
[and of the present]They are constantly in my thoughts.
I cannot stop thinking about them.

O God, your ways are holy.
Is there any god as mighty as You?
You are the God of miracles and wonders!"


(From Psalm 75:1,9; 76:4; 77:11-13)

We are giving thanks today for many wonderful things God has done in our lives -- too many to list. Mostly, we are thankful that we belong to Him, and that we have the assurance that our lives are held in His mighty, protective, loving han

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday....btw, my news reader look is now antiquated, since qrriving in Canada my first stop was to my salon and I now am sporting a new and more trendy look...new colour and bangs..go figure! I will get Bubbles to take a pic and then change the blog and facebook AGAIN!!! Happy Thanksgiving.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

I am so thankful that God provided for you and Larry with the insurance coverage. That is one of those miracles that God takes care of.

He does still work miracles.

And I am so thankful that Larry is doing do well.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Happy Thanksgiving alittle late.I am very thankful for the Lord's wonderful love for us as imperfect as we all are.He holds us in his arms in confort and guides us lovingly along in the path he needs for us to go.Lots of love.