The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Sitting Alone with HIM

I sat alone outside tonight
in starry darkness, no moon for light.
The only sounds were rustling trees
and cars that passed occasionally.

But, dotted along the blackened greens
I could see the homesteads' golden beams.
The sparks of light and life lived there,
the hopes and dreams of love and care.

Even in the darkness one can see
how our Lord intended life to be,
homes without violence, families at peace,
rest for the weary, love without cease.

Quietness speaks no evil; stillness has no voice.
Peace reigns supreme, when God is our choice.
Take time to sit alone, away from all the din,
Rest your heart and weary soul, seek faith in only HIM.


I wrote this poem last night.  This morning in my "quiet time" with the Lord, I came across the Scripture (in my normal course of reading) that backs up the message in this poem. 
      "The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told Him all they had done and taught.  Then Jesus said, 'Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile.'  He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and His apostles didn't even have time to eat.  So they left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone."  (Mark 6:30-32)

  What a blessing to me to read the very text this morning
that backs up what God said to me last night as I sat alone with Him! 



1 comment:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Love your poem Jeannie