The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Finally Home

It's so good to be at home--our own home--finally!  After nearly two years of living in a rented house, we have finally settled into our own place--not fully unpacked yet, but settled and comfortable nonetheless.  We are hoping to call this new place home for at least four years, unless the Lord calls us HOME (our final home) first.

I am still spending two days a week at Day Spring Assisted Living, and enjoying it more than I can fully explain.  When I am there, I feel totally at home among friends.  There is a wonderful, God-filled atmosphere there that I have never experienced before.  I am accepted and loved and blessed beyond measure in the presence of residents and workers alike.  Although I am only a volunteer, I own my job and care for my "friends" as though they are my own family.  When I am not there, they wonder where I am, and when I'll be back.  (When I return they ask me, "Where have you been?")

Dallas, Texas is home--for now.  We both love it here.  Once again God has shown us that when we go where He leads us, our hearts will be "at home", even in a new place.  This life-long journey of traveling with God has been an incredible adventure that we wouldn't trade for the stability of staying in one place for life.  Someday our Heavenly Father will move us to our final HOME for all of eternity, but until then we are content to move around and experience all that He has for us here on earth.

Speaking of "moving around"--it's time for me get moving with the rest of my day!

No comments: