The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Wow!  It is so GOOD to be home!  You really don't get the full depth of that phrase, "Home Sweet Home" until you've been gone for a long time.  This morning I walked through my quiet house and marveled at the delicious sweetness of being in my own home.  I stepped outside in my bathrobe and gazed for a long time at my surroundings (especially the pool in my backyard) while enjoying the mild temperature--compared to the coldness of Montana.  When I stepped back inside, there was a smile on my face and in my heart as I breathed aloud,
"Home Sweet Home".

Sitting here typing these thoughts, I realize anew how much I long for my ultimate home in Heaven.  What will it be like?  We can only imagine.  How much sweeter will that be than our home on earth?  It's unfathonamable.  "Even so, come Lord Jesus."

1 comment:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Reminds me of the praise song"come Lord Jesus come." I too love walking in my front door. Home, it's where I love being. I love the smell of my home. Except last night when Emily roasted kale. Happy Monday!