The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Hey Y'all...
I'm just popping in here to say a heart-felt Happy Thanksgiving to family and friends all over.

It has been such a wonderful day for us in our new home--so far from our former home. Even though we have no relatives here in Texas, we have "family" galore in very dear friends here. So, our first Thanksgiving Day here was not lonely like it could have been without our own family around. We have adopted two other families here as our own, and one of those families shared our home today. Each family (us and them) provided half of the delicious meal. When both halves were put together, it became a great feast of food and laughter.

Now that they have gone home, I'm sitting here basking in the afterglow of the enjoyment that was ours today. And, I'm dreaming of Christmas! I can hardly wait till next month when our home will be filled to the brim with the laughter of our own kids and grandkids. What excitement and happiness that will add to our holidays. WOW! It just can't come soon enough for me!

P.S. I love working (volunteering) at "DaySpring" Assisted Living! What a great privilege that is for me. I am incredibly blessed and thankful!

No comments: