The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A MIlestone Journey

Last week my husband celebrated a new milestone:

THE BIG 6-0 !

It was a beautiful autumn weekend, so his choice of celebratory fun was to go for a hike through the back country of the gorgeous Columbia Gorge. Here's some pictures from our trek:

Larry's birthday was the 21st, so I'm a little late getting these pictures posted.

One year ago, during this very month, Larry was just beginning his recovery from quintuple heart by-pass surgery. I'm so thankful for his complete recovery and return to normal health and strength! That's the biggest reason of all to celebrate his birthday this year!

6 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Happy 6-0 Larry. See you there soon! Glan you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Larry from the Rincks! We know all about the 6-0 number. Glad you had a nice hike, and extra special to have Jim and Patti along. Life takes on new meaning when you go through experiences like you did last year. Praise God for such a good recovery.

CML_Shearings said...

What a year of stress & change for y'all! How wonderful you are up to hiking again, Larry. I'm less than a year behind you on the 6-0 milestone. I just visited another friend at St Patrick Hospital this week who underwent a quadruple bypass surgery like you. Jim Boreman, our pastor's father-in-law, was bemoaning that he can't hunt this Fall. I need to tell him how you are up & hiking only a year out.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Happy birthday Larry.We are very thank-ful for your recovery over the last year.The big 60 is looming ahead for a few more of us.Chuck has already hit it two years ago now.Love ya.Beautiful pictures you have posted.

elizabeth embracing life said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate. Your pictures are amazing. How blessed we have been this fall with warm weather. Happy Birtday Mr. Larry.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Boy has it ever been awhile since I have been in here. Awsome post Jeannie. Beautiful pictures of such beautiful people!

Belated Happy Birthday to Larry!

Love you both